These retro PC gaming laptops use the real hardware, and I want one

These retro PC gaming laptops use the real hardware, and I want one

I’ve just found out about these new retro gaming laptops based on ancient PC hardware, and I just had to tell the world all about them too. If, like me, you have fond memories of playing Doom and The Secret of Monkey Island on an off-white 386 PC then read on, because these new laptops don’t just run these old games, but they’re even based on genuine retro hardware. There’s no Raspberry Pi emulation, just real old-school x86 CPUs, VGA graphics cards, and even genuine sound cards.

Retro gaming might be big right now, but it so often involves emulators on small-board computers, and I always like to use the original hardware when it isn’t a massive pain in the butt. When I decided to build a retro gaming PC for myself, I used a newish Fractal Design case, Corsair PSU, and CompactFlash reader, but I also made damn sure it used an original Intel Pentium MMX CPU, along with a Sound Blaster 16 sound card.

MORE FROM PCGAMESN: Best graphics card, Best gaming PC, Best SSD for gaming

Posted from: this blog via Microsoft Power Automate.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post